1. Proof of residence within the Ottawa consular jurisdiction area: domestic utility bill or driving license (original and a photocopy).
2. Proof of legal residence in Canada: Canadian permanent residence card or visa valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry (original and a photocopy).
For travellers not returning to Canada after leaving the Schengen area: relevant visa or travel document authorising entry into the Country of destination, and a photocopy.
3. Schengen visa application form* carefully and correctly completed and signed.
Please ensure that you leave no blank spaces. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable).
4. One recent passport-size colour photo (must have been taken less than six months before the application), size 35mm x 40mm, full-face and light coloured background. Face must be correctly centred and must be seen from a front view, with both sides visible. Styled poses (looking over one shoulder, head bowed etc.) are not allowed. The head must be free of all headgear, no hats, scarves, headbands or other decorative objects.
5. Your passport, which must be valid for at least 3 months after the visa expiry date, as well as photocopies of the first 2 pages and of visas previously issued, if any. Furthermore, there must be at least two blank pages in the passport.
6. A copy of your round trip flight reservation and full itinerary.
Buying your ticket in advance does not ensure that a visa will be issued.
7. Hotel booking for each day of your stay in the Schengen area stating number of reservation, name of the applicant, address and telephone number of the hotel, or letter of invitation signed by the person inviting Declaration of private accomodation*, plus a copy of his/her ID.
For groups: letter from the travel agency mentioning the same information as for individuals.
8. Documentation in relation to your social and professional status: if dependent worker, letter of employment; for students, University/school confirmation of enrollment for the current year in original; if self-employed, business bank statements (last 3 months), copies of business income taxes, certificates of incorporation; if retired, copy of your retirement compensation from social security.
9. Proof of economic means of support (as per Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000 DIRETTIVA 1° marzo 2000 (esteri.it)): last three months bank statements clearly indicating name of the holder and salary slips if applicable.
If you are financially dependent on a family member, you should provide Declaration of financial responsibility*, to be signed in front of the consular officer, together with a copy of his/her picture ID and his/her last three months’ bank statements.
10. A travel medical insurance policy valid throughout the Schengen area.
Please underline or highlight: your name, the medical emergency expenses coverage (minimum € 30,000) including hospital care and repatriation for medical reasons or in case of death.
11. VISA FEES (non-refundable) to be paid in cash the day of the appointment.
Please consult our list of Visa Consular Fees at: Consular services fees (esteri.it).
12. Please register at Prenot@mi in order to book an appointment.
*in ”VISA FORMS”