1. Proof of residence within the Ottawa consular jurisdiction area: domestic utility bill or driving license (original and a photocopy);
2. Proof of legal residence in Canada: Canadian permanent residence card or visa valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry (original and a photocopy).
For travellers not returning to Canada after leaving the Schengen area: relevant visa or travel document authorising entry into the Country of destination, and a photocopy;
Please ensure that you leave no blank spaces. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable).
If the applicant is a minor please refer to “VISA FOR MINORS” for supplementary documents.
4. One recent passport-size colour photo (must have been taken less than six months before the application), size 35mm x 40mm, full-face and light coloured background. Face must be correctly centred and must be seen from a front view, with both sides visible. Styled poses (looking over one shoulder, head bowed etc.) are not allowed. The head must be free of all headgear, no hats, scarves, headbands or other decorative objects.
5. Your passport, which must be valid for at least 3 months after the visa expiry date, as well as photocopies of the first 2 pages and of visas previously issued, if any. Furthermore, there must be at least two blank pages in the passport.
6. A copy of your flight reservation and full itinerary.
Buying your ticket in advance does not ensure that a visa will be issued.
7. An official authorization (“Dichiarazione nominativa d’assenso”) from the Italian National Olympic Committee (CONI), or a competent Italian Sporting Federation or Organizing Institution, to be requested by the sports organization or team in Italy on behalf of the applicant;
8. Invitation letter from either CONI, the relevant Italian Sports Federation or the organising body that certifies the person concerned is attending the event and requests the issue of the visa.
9. Copy of the contract signed with the Italian sports organization or team, certifying that the team will provide the player financial means to support himself/herself, an appropriate lodging in Italy and a health insurance with a minimum coverage of €30,000 for emergency hospital and repatriation expenses.
10. VISA FEES (non-refundable) to be paid in cash the day of the appointment.
Please consult our list of Visa Consular Fees at: Consular services fees (esteri.it).
11. Please register at Prenot@mi in order to book an appointment.
*in “VISA FORMS”