1. Proof of residence within the Ottawa consular jurisdiction area: domestic utility bill or driving license (original and a photocopy).
2. Proof of legal residence in Canada: Canadian permanent residence card or visa valid for at least three months after the date of re-entry (original and a photocopy).
For travellers not returning to Canada after leaving the Schengen area: relevant visa or travel document authorising entry into the Country of destination, and a photocopy.
3. National visa application form* carefully and correctly completed and signed.
Please ensure that you leave no blank spaces. If a question does not apply to you, enter N/A (not applicable).
4. One recent passport-size colour photo (must have been taken less than six months before the application), size 35mm x 40mm, full-face and light coloured background. Face must be correctly centred and must be seen from a front view, with both sides visible. Styled poses (looking over one shoulder, head bowed etc.) are not allowed. The head must be free of all headgear, no hats, scarves, headbands or other decorative objects.
5. Your passport, which must be valid for at least 3 months after the visa expiry date, as well as photocopies of the first 2 pages and of visas previously issued, if any. Furthermore, there must be at least two blank pages in the passport;
6. A copy of your flight reservation and full itinerary.
Buying your ticket in advance does not ensure that a visa will be issued.
7. Proof of availability of lodging in Italy for the entire period of residence: a purchase/rental contract of a property in compliance with local zoning laws.
8. Proof of consistent, ongoing and ample economic means of support for the entire period of residence in Italy: reference of pension provision or lifelong income, capital earnings, documents of property ownership, etc..
The economic resources cannot be less than three times the annual amount provided for by the “Table A” of Ministry of Interior Directive 1.3.2000 DIRETTIVA 1° marzo 2000 (esteri.it).
9. VISA FEES (non-refundable) to be paid in cash the day of the appointment.
Please consult our list of Visa Consular Fees at: Consular services fees (esteri.it).
10. Please register at Prenot@mi in order to book an appointment.
Please note that successful applicants are prohibited to exercise remunerated activities in Italy.
*in “VISA FORMS”