On October 25, 2019, at the Toronto Design Exchange, the Italian Embassy in Ottawa, the Consulate General of Italy in Toronto, the Italian Trade Agency (ICE), the Italian Cultural Institute, the Italian National Tourism Agency (ENIT) and the Italian Chamber of Commerce of Ontario will launch It@ca.
The event aims to showcase an active and enterprising Italy, sharing a new perspective on our country through the participation and interventions of seven leading personalities in different sectors. On the 500th anniversary of the death of Leonardo Da Vinci, one of the greatest Italian geniuses and innovators, It@ca will be an opportunity to present to the Canadian public today’s Italy: a modern, dynamic and innovation-ready country.
The event will be moderated by the Italian-Canadian journalist Laura Albanese and the CBC correspondent in Rome, Megan Williams.
Here are the seven protagonists who will be sharing their stories at It@ca:
• Michele De Lucchi (Architecture & Design) – Architect and editor of Domus;
• Rosanna Purchia (Culture) – Superintendent of the San Carlo Theater in Naples;
• Riccardo Illy (Entrepreneurship) – Founder of Illy Caffè;
• Angelo Gaja (Wine) – Owner and president of the Gaja Wineries;
• Oscar Farinetti (Investment) – Founder of Eataly;
• Oliviero Toscani (Photography) – Photographer;
• Antonio Meloni (Science) – President of the National Scientific Committee for Antarctica (CSNA).
For more information: www.itacaday.com